Fair Fight Film
The Fair Fight Film Initiative is an educational program designed around the award-winning PBS film, “Fair Fight in the Marketplace,” that highlights the history and importance of antitrust policies in strengthening our market-based economy.
The Fair Fight in the Marketplace Initiative will:
- provide practical understanding of antitrust and the legal system that can be useful to people in their everyday lives;
- promote awareness of current issues and controversies in the antitrust arena;
- improve understanding of government’s role in implementation of antitrust laws and trying to assure fair business practices;
- encourage effective and informed civic decision making about law and public policy related to competition and market fairness;
- improve basic civic skills including creative and critical thinking, communication, observation and problem-solving
The Fair Fight educational program was funded by settlement money resulting from successful prosecution of an antitrust lawsuit in the California courts.