The American Antitrust Institute will host its 23rd Annual Policy Conference: Bringing and Litigating Antitrust Cases in an Era of Change on June 15, 2022 at the National Press Club in Washington DC.
The Policy Conference will highlight how antitrust enforcers can work within the legal system to identify goals and challenges in implementing more vigorous enforcement, against the backdrop of initiatives to expand the breadth and depth of antitrust law. These include the Biden antitrust leaderships’ moves to revise agency policy and guidance and proposed antitrust reform legislation in Congress and state legislatures. The goal of the Policy Conference is to provide public and private enforcers with strategies and tactics for bringing and litigating antitrust cases to advance progressive enforcement.
Panel discussions will take up questions around litigating cases that incorporate non-competition goals, strategies for mitigating bad legal precedent, and issues that arise in using antitrust as part of a broader set of policy tools. The panels feature experts and thought leaders from the antitrust community, including enforcement, advocacy, and academia. View the full agenda and register.
- Laura Alexander, Vice President of Policy, American Antitrust Institute
- Eric Citron, Partner, Goldstein & Russell, P.C.
- Joshua P. Davis, Shareholder, Berger Montague; Research Professor at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Erika M. Douglas, Assistant Professor, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Harry First, Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
- Renata Hess, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Kate Konopka, Deputy Attorney Genera, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia
- Ioana Marinescu, Associate Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice
- Diana L. Moss, President, American Antitrust Institute
- Eric A. Posner, Kirkland & Ellis Distinguished Service Professor of Law, Arthur and Esther Kane Research Chair, University of Chicago Law School
- Jon Sallet, Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Colorado; Research Fellow, Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government, Harvard Kennedy School