AAI Year in Review 2016
As we approach year end, the AAI looks back at all we were able to achieve in promoting our competition agenda through education, research, and advocacy. Our important work demonstrates that we continue to be the leading non-profit organization to frame and advance progressive competition enforcement and policy.
Learn more about how you can support the AAI in 2017.
Major AAI Education, Research, and Advocacy in 2016
Education and Research:
- 17th Annual Conference: Living with Market Concentration? New Perspectives on Merger Policy
- Invitational Symposium: The Non-Price Effects of Mergers
- 10th Annual Private Antitrust Enforcement Conference
- 16th Annual Energy Roundtable: Taking Stock of Wholesale Electricity Competition: Lessons from Two Decades of Restructuring
- 2nd Annual Airline Roundtable: Airline Competition at a Crossroads: Refocusing Policy to Address Competitive Challenges
- Report on Antitrust and Entrepreneurship
- National Competition Policy Brief: Unpacking the Problem of Declining Competition and Setting Priorities Moving Forward
- Presidential Transition Report to the 45th President of the United States
- IP Competition Project
- Participation in ICN Annual Conference and Advocacy Working Group Workshop
- Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on consolidation in U.S. seed and agrochemical industry
- Comments on proposed update of the DOJ/FTC Antitrust Guidelines for the Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Comments on proposed update of International Antitrust Guidelines
- Letter to the DOJ Antitrust Division on proposed merger of Dow Chemical Co. and DuPont Co.
- Letter to the DOJ Antitrust Division on proposed merger of AB InBev and SABMiller
- Letter to the House Judiciary Committee and House Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law on the SMARTER Act
- Letter to the FTC on proposed merger of generic pharmaceutical rivals Teva and Allergan
- Letter to the DOJ Antitrust Division on proposed health insurance mergers of Aetna and Humana and Anthem and Cigna
- Visa v. Osborn
- Mylan v. Warner Chilcott
- Valspar Corp. v. DuPont
- Teladoc v. Texas Medical Board
- Samsung v. Apple
- Impression Products, Inc. v. Lexmark International, Inc.
- In re Lipitor
- In re Effexor