Watch AAI’s Virtual Competition Roundtable: Harnessing State Antitrust Enforcement in Food & Agriculture
AAI hosted a virtual roundtable on June 29, 2022 to discuss state antitrust enforcement in food and agriculture. Antitrust concerns in the food and agriculture supply chains have been laid bare by the COVID-19 pandemic and associated supply-chain disruptions. Even before the pandemic, though, credible allegations of conspiracies abounded in almost every major raw food product, from beef to tuna to mushrooms. Complaints of monopsonization in upstream supply markets were also growing louder. This virtual AAI competition roundtable addressed why state antitrust enforcers are in a unique position to address potential antitrust violations in food and agriculture markets and to make significant contributions to more aggressive enforcement in this critical sector.
- Andrew Green, Senior Advisor for Fair and Competitive Markets, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Thomas Horton, Professor of Law and Heidepriem Trial Advocacy Fellow, University of South Dakota School of Law
- Rob Larew, President, National Farmers UnionMichelle Looby, Member, Gustafson Gluek PLLC
- Diana Moss, President, American Antitrust Institute
- Bryce Pashler, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General of Iowa
AAI Virtual Competition Roundtable: Harnessing State Antitrust Enforcement in Food & Agriculture from American Antitrust Institute on Vimeo.