Learn more about AAI’s award-winning half-hour film, Fair Fight in the Marketplace, which provides an engaging look at the U.S. antitrust laws and landmark cases.
- AAI executive produced the film Fair Fight in the Marketplace with a grant received from the California Vitamin Cases Consumer Settlement Fund in 2005
- AAI partnered with The Filmmakers Collaborative to communicate the importance and relevance of antitrust law to individuals and delve into the ways these laws reflect and protect values that are integral to American culture.
- The 27-minute documentary presents an entertaining, abridged history of antitrust law in America before effectively addressing whether the Sherman Act can be relevant in the technologically advanced and complex economy of today.
- NPR and Fox News commentator Mara Liasson leads viewers through three recent case studies – Archer Daniels Midland, Mylan Pharmaceuticals and Microsoft – which cover three categories of antitrust violations.
- The film won a silver “Telly” award.
- In addition to the broadcast version, AAI prepared an educational DVD that includes commentary from Tom Papageorge, lead LA County Deputy District Attorney for Consumer Protection. The educational DVD is accompanied by a week-long curriculum prepared for high school teachers by Street Law.