The American Antitrust Institute invites legal practitioners and economists, to submit entries for the AAI 2013 Antitrust Enforcement Awards. Two award categories have been identified for the awards program’s inaugural year:
· Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice
· Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Economics
Qualified nominations will be for antitrust-focused litigation that was (a) initiated in or appealed in any U.S. state or federal court and (b) resulted (whether or not subject to appeal) in a final judgment, verdict, dismissal, conviction, injunction, order, or settlement between January 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013.
The award submission period ends on September 30. The awards will be presented at a gala dinner on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 following the AAI’s Annual Private Antitrust Enforcement Conference in Washington, DC.
The judging committee is chaired by AAI Advisory Board Member Daniel E. Gustafson of Gustafson Gluek PLLC and comprised of:
· Jonathan Baker, American University's Washington College of Law
· Ellen S. Cooper, Office of the Attorney General of Maryland
· Robert W. Doyle, Jr., Doyle, Barlow & Mazard PLLC
· Harry First, New York University School of Law
· Kathleen E. Foote, California Department of Justice Antitrust Section
· Warren Grimes, Southwestern Law School
· Thomas Horton, South Dakota School of Law
· Thomas M. McCoy, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
· Roger Noll, Stanford University
· Christopher Sagers, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
· Hollis Salzman, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.
· Richard O. Zerbe, University of Washington
Download the Entry Form and the Award Procedures here.