American Antitrust Institute President Bert Foer spoke about patent assertion entities, commonly referred to as patent trolls at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. on June 20.
The Computer & Communications Industry Association and the AAI hosted a panel discussion to examine the role competition watchdogs can play in combating the growing problems in our patent system.
The keynote address was given by FTC Chairwoman Ramirez.
Our panel of antitrust, industry, and justice experts will feature:
* Ed Black, President and CEO, Computer & Communications Industry Association
* Michael Carrier, Professor, Rutgers School of Law
* Bert Foer, President, The American Antitrust Institute
* Lisa Kimmel, Attorney Advisor, Office of Chairwoman Ramirez, Federal Trade
* Francis Marshall, Special Counsel for Intellectual Property, Legal Policy Section, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
* Paul Saraceni, Senior Vice President and Chief Intellectual Property Officer, RPX Corporation